NoteCase Pro beta for Android is available for public testing
Thanks to a lot of feedback, an improved version of NoteCase Pro for Android has reached a beta stage and it is now ready for public testing.
The build will expire on March 1st 2012.
You can download the Android package here:
Instalation instructions for your Android device:
- prerequisites: program requires Android 1.6 or newer
- download the Notecase.apk file and transfer it from your to your phone's SD card
- enable installing applications from unknown source ("Settings" > "Applications" > "Unknown Sources" check box)
- use some file manager application installed on your phone/tabled to click on the Notecase.apk file to start the installation.
"ES File Explorer" is a good and free file manager app choice.
- if you get problem installing the app, try uninstalling the previous version first
Changes in beta version:
- add: menu option in the File Dialog to show the hidden items
- fix: change the file dialog swipe (to go to the parend directory) to left to right
- add: swiping from left to right from the text view gets you back to the tree view (saving the typed note changes)
- fix: rename recent file list context menu item from "Delete" to "Remove" to be more precise
- fix: when rotating the device in Tree View, tree content dissapears
- fix: when rotating the device in File Dialog, new list is positioned in different directory
- add: implemented Tags View and List View
- add: context menu item in the recent files list to permanently delete the selected file
- fix: report error when the document fails to load
- fix: clicking on the expander in the Tree View sometimes triggers the item editing (along with branch expanding)
- add: support for large screen devices in landscape mode (custom layout showing both tree view and text view at the same time)
- add: support to create home screen shortcut to the document listed in the recent list
- add: move note up/down/left/right operations
- add: support to open email links ("mailto:")
- add: support for Holo theme on newer Androids
- Chinese Traditional translation created (work by Richard Sun)
- Czech translation created (work by Adam Zivner)
- Croatian translation created
- Italian translation created (work by Fabio Iannone)
- Polish translation created (work by Kamil Dembkowski)
- German translation created (work by Marcus Hennig)
- Chinese Simplified translation created (work by Stephen Zhu)
- Romanian translation created (work by Alexandru Bogdan Munteanu)
- Finnish translation created (work by Ville Pilviö)
- uses .ncdb file format compatible as used in the desktop version
- you can create or open existing document file
- Tree Pane is displayed featuring the hierarchical tree of your document notes
- basic note operations supported in the Tree Pane are: insert, delete, rename
- short click on the note title in the Tree Pane open Text Pane featuring rich text formatting editor
- in the file open dialog, there is an additional way to navigate to the parent folder by using the swipe from right to left gesture action
- swipe in Tree View to go to the Tags View
- click on a tag in Tags View to go into the List View with all matching notes listed
Feedback is appreciated. I am interested in your design and general ideas, bug reports, ...
If you experience crash, please send me the file "ncpro.log" found on your SD Card that describes the crash in some details.
If you would like to create a program translation for you language, please translate the phrases written in this file and mail me translated file (for example as "strings_it.xml" for Italian translation):
Currently, the file contains only 36 phrases to be translated.
Graphics (program icons) still needs polish, and the next phase will concentrate on this.
If someone is good at this department, and wants to cooperate, please contact me.
In return for you work, I can offer you free Notecase Pro license or some similar deal.
I expect a final release version within a month or so, so your feedback would be valuable here.